Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Baby Led Weaning: What It Is And Why We're Doing It

While I was pregnant, I decided I was going to make my own baby food. Especially after the whole debacle with glass shards being found in baby food. I was going to save money and know exactly what was in my daughters food. Fast forward a few months.. 

While researching homemade baby food recipes I discovered Baby Led Weaning. It's a brilliant idea. Give your child REAL WHOLE food! No need for a special baby food blender, no special baby food. All you need is whatever you're eating.

Pediatricians suggest adding one new food a week in order to rule out allergies. So start small. If you're having green beans with dinner, put baby in the high chair at the table with you and add a few green beans to their tray. Don't worry if they don't start eating right away. They'll get the hang of it eventually.

There's a saying, 'Food before one is just for fun!' Baby gets all of their nutrients from breast milk or formula. As they get older and stop drinking formula or breast milk, they will need to eat more. Also, if you don't feed your baby food every day, don't worry. As long as their getting milk, they'll be just fine.

I am excited to give my little one food and see what she  If you're a momma, did you do baby led weaning, homemade baby food, or store bought baby food?

I hope all is well.
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment