Monday, January 11, 2016

Screw New Year's Resolutions.

January means a fresh start and with that fresh start, comes New Years Resolutions. Now, I'm not a big fan of New Years Resolutions, Why do you need to wait for the start of a new year to make a change? If you want to start doing something on November 29th, start it then. Don't just say, I'll wait until the new year to do it. With that being said, I did decide on a few goals for 2016.

But here's the thing, I didn't decide on them until today! I'm not going to call them resolutions because they aren't resolving a problem. I am calling them goals because they are attainable and reachable.

  1. Drink Less Soda
    Ever since I was pregnant, Mtn. Dew has been my drink of choice. I had terrible migraines and coffee was NOT appealing at all.. so my doc recommended ONE caffeine ladden drink a day. She even approved Mtn. Dew. Fast forward 7 and a half months postpartum.. I'm still drinking Mtn. Dew daily. Sometimes even THREE glasses a day. Well, I need to cut it out. I'm not going crazy and saying no soda ever, because let's face it, that's just not realistic. I'm also not cutting it out completely right away. I'm gradually removing it from my daily diet. By having one every other day I'll be able to gradually increase the days between soda's and I won't miss it.
  1. Write In A Journal
    Throughout my life I have had many 'journals' aka, a random notebook. Talking about things that happened throughout the day and how I'm feeling. Now that I'm 27 and a new mom there are things I actually want to remember. Like, spending the day playing one-on-one with the baby. I also want to include 5 things I'm grateful for everyday. I want to document the baby's little life more. Yes, we have a baby book that has the BIG milestones, but what about the little ones? Like, figured out how to use her new toy.
  1. Be A Better Mom
    Sure, my daughter is only 7 and a half months old and I'm still trying to figure this whole mom thing out, but I think I can always be better. I can do better.
  1. Read More
    I used to read ALL the time. I was always buying new books. It's probably been almost a year since I've bought a new book for myself. Sure, I read to the baby every night, but I need to read for myself as well.
  1. Take Some Me Time
    I don't do this... ever. Sure, I'll take a shower while DJ watches the baby but a 10 minute shower once a week (Yes, I shower more often than that, but either the baby is sleeping so it's a super quick one or she's in the bathroom with me) I can't remember the last time I painted my nails or spent time to do my hair.

Looking at my goals for 2016 (I still can't get over the fact it's already 2016!) they pretty much go hand in hand, except for the drinking less soda one. To be a better mom, I need to take some time for myself. And reading and writing in a journal is the perfect way to do so.

Did you make any resolutions or goals for the new year? Care to share?

I hope you're all well.
Megan

2 comments:

  1. I decided to finally get unto shape. To not let me depression get in the way of accomplishing goals

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! You got this. I believe in you!!

    ReplyDelete